Brussels, Belgium – Certified Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Training / Nov 2022
Become a certified Ayurvedic Yoga Massage practitioner
Learn the original Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM) method directly from Ananta Sylvain Girard, a pioneer teacher and principal collaborator of Master Kusum Modak since 1996.
This intensive 9-day training course is held in Brussels’ centre from November 5 to November 13, 2022. The AYM-ARYM programme provides easy learning on how to deliver this Dynamic Yoga-Bodywork Therapy either as a professional massage therapist/yoga instructor or as an individual who wants to learn massage techniques to treat their loved ones.
Pre-requisite: The course is suited for everyone with a genuine interest in massage, including beginners and professionals of all levels.
Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM)
Inspired by the Indian traditions of Ayurveda and Yoga, Ayurvedic Yoga Massage therapy is a bodywork that combines deep tissue massage, assisted yoga-based stretching and breathing techniques in one session. The original method was developed by Master Kusum Modak in Pune, India in the 1980’s, under the strong influence of her Iyengar Yoga practice.
It should be emphasised that Ayurvedic Yoga Massage differs from Abhyangam massage and other traditional Ayurvedic treatments, due to the assisted stretching and the use of Calamus, an exfoliating powder, mixed with very little oil, applied in slow and very deep massage movements performed with hands, feet, elbows, etc. Ayurvedic Yoga Massage vs traditional Abhyangam & Ayurveda massages
Ananta Sylvain GIRARD is the founder and head instructor of the ARYM institute (Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Yoga Massage), established in Mysore, India, and dedicated to AYM since 1996. The pioneering French instructor of AYM has assumed the role of collaborator and principal assistant of Master Kusum Modak, the AYM’s method creator. Between 1996 to 2001, together in India, they organised and taught dozens of therapist training courses.
A trained anatomist by his tutor, Professor Blandine Calais-Germain (Method Anatomy for Movement), Ananta has been developing a creative and generous AYM teaching rich in demonstrations and multi-sensory practices. Clear and detailed instructions supported by theoretical explanations, constantly enriched with multiple anecdotes.
As a massage therapist, Ananta serves a renowned international clientele in the fashion and show-business circuit. To date, he has treated over 18,000 clients with AYM treatments.
During his 25 year career with AYM, Ananta has taught over 1500 students in hundreds of practitioner training courses around the world. Learn more About Ananta
Modules taught in Brussels
- NOV 5 – 13, 2022: AYM Therapist Training / €1.180 EUR*
- * Pay in instalments
The ARYM program teaches you to:
• Deliver a complete and tailor-made massage of 60 to 90-min, following a protocol from A to Z.
• Use hands and feet to apply dozens of deep tissue, stress release and relaxation massage techniques, including a stunning facial massage.
• Perform over a hundred yoga-based assisted corrective stretches.
• Start and develop right away your career as an AYM massage therapist.
The classes are 90% hands-on.
Ananta teaches everything you need to know practically to provide (or improve) professional Ayurvedic Yoga Massage treatments genuinely tailored to the needs of clients.
In addition to learning the technical skills required, each participant will experience the treatments first hand on a daily basis. By alternating the role of the masseur and that of the person being massaged, each participant can revive his or her ability to give and receive, naturally reconnecting with his or her psycho-corporal integrity.
AYM Certified Practitioner / Therapist Diploma
Upon completing this training, you will be rewarded with the International ARYM Certification, which allows you to start your career as an AYM practitioner.
** Professional Affiliation: The ARYM Certification is approved by IICT (International Institute for Complementary Therapists) and qualifies you for discounted premiums and extended coverage on Public Liability Indemnity Insurance.
Other sub-courses offered in Brussels
The following two courses are suitable for those who cannot commit to the full 8-day training, as well as for already certified AYM practitioners who wish to take a quick refresher course.
** Priority seating is given to registrations for the full course.
- NOV 5-6, 2022: Practical Fundamentals of the AYM Therapy / €300 EUR*
- Any 3 days of the training: AYM Refresher Course / €400 EUR*
- * Pay in instalments
How to book your space
• Secure your seat by paying a deposit of €300 EUR: Book Now
• To pay in instalments Contact us
• To pay the full tuition fees of €1.180 EUR at once Visit the Payment Page
• To pay the remaining balance of €880 EUR (or 680 EUR for early registration) Visit the Payment Page
Note: Once you have made your reservation, you will receive our email within a minute. Check your inbox carefully and contact us right away if you have not received it.
IMPORTANT – To make sure you don’t miss our email confirmation from going to your spam box, please follow these steps:
1) Add [email protected] to your Contacts. You can also download and open our vCards file ARYM-contact.vcf and/or add us manually in your “Safe Sender list” from your email provider address book.
2) Check your Spam folder. Even if our emails are not spam, sometimes they can end up there. Be sure to flag them as “Not spam” and to move them into your main Inbox.
3) If you are using Gmail and our emails end up in the “Promotions” tab please move them into your Primary tab.
If you experience any problem booking your seat, please message us, we will be happy to help you to register.
Timing: 9:00 – 17:15
Day off: Wed. 9/11
Covid-19 Update: Vaccination is not required
Completing your education: Refresher courses, Diploma, Teacher Training, and Masterclasses are also available.
Other Ayurvedic Massage training dates: in Belgium and worldwide
Facebook: Event in Brussels
Not Confirmed (Please do not make yet your travel arrangements).
Training venue address
3 rue de la Concorde, 1050 Ixelles, Belgium
Ask your questions.
Please add the reference “ARYM Brussels Nov 2022” to your message.