Mysore, India – Certified Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Training / Jan 2023
Become a Certified Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Practitioner
Join our next 2023 training in Mysore, India, the cradle of modern Yoga and the capital of Ashtanga yoga.
Learn the original Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM) method directly from Ananta Sylvain Girard, a pioneer teacher and principal collaborator of Master Kusum Modak since 1996.
This intensive 13-day immersion training course is from Jan 9-21, 2023, in Mysore, Karnataka, South India. The programme allows you to quickly learn how to deliver this Dynamic Yoga-Bodywork Therapy; either as a professional massage therapist / yoga instructor or as an individual who wants to learn massage techniques to give massage to their loved ones.
Pre-requisite: The course is suited for everyone with a genuine interest in massage, including beginners and professionals of all levels.
Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM)
Inspired by the Indian traditions of Yoga and Ayurveda, Ayurvedic Yoga Massage therapy (AYM) combines deep tissue massage with asanas yoga-based stretches
It should be emphasised that Ayurvedic Yoga Massage is a very different treatment from other traditional Ayurvedic massages and care. The central part of the AYM treatment is linked to yogasana therapy with series of passive and assisted yoga stretches. Moreover, unlike Abhyangam massage, only a small amount of massage oil is applied, which is further mixed with a genius exfoliating powder, during the slow and deep massage movements given with hands and feet: Ayurvedic Yoga Massage vs traditional Abhyangam & Ayurveda massages
Ananta Sylvain GIRARD is the founder and head instructor of the ARYM institute (Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Yoga Massage), established in Mysore, India, and dedicated to AYM since 1996. The pioneering French instructor of AYM has assumed the role of collaborator and principal assistant of Master Kusum Modak, the AYM’s method creator. Between 1996 to 2001, together, they organised and taught dozens of therapist training courses in Pune and Goa.
A trained anatomist by his tutor, Professor Blandine Calais-Germain (Method Anatomy for Movement), Ananta has been developing a creative and generous AYM teaching rich in demonstrations and multi-sensory practices. Clear and detailed instructions supported by theoretical explanations, constantly enriched with multiple anecdotes.
As a massage therapist, Ananta humbly serves a renowned international clientele in the fashion and show business circuit. To date, he has treated over 18,000 clients with AYM treatments.
During his 25 year career with AYM, Ananta has taught over 1500 students in hundreds of practitioner trainings around the world. Learn more About Ananta
Training courses taught in Mysore
- JAN 9-21, 2023: AYM Therapist Training / €780 EUR* / ₹49,000**
- * Pay in instalments
- ** Special price for nationals from the Indian subcontinent resident
The AYM-ARYM training program teaches you to:
• Deliver a complete and tailor-made massage of 60-90-min, following a protocol from A to Z.
• Use hands and feet to apply dozens of deep tissue, stress release and relaxation massage techniques, including a stunning facial massage.
• Perform over a hundred yoga-based assisted corrective stretches.
• Start and develop right away your career as an AYM massage therapist.
The classes are 90% hands-on.
Ananta teaches everything you need to know practically to provide (or improve) professional Ayurvedic Yoga Massage treatments genuinely tailored to the needs of clients.
In addition to learning the technical skills required, each participant will experience the treatments first hand on a daily basis. By alternating the role of the masseur and that of the person being massaged, each participant can revive his or her ability to give and receive, naturally reconnecting with his or her psycho-corporal integrity.
** Professional Affiliation: Our certification is approved by IICT (International Institute for Complementary Therapists) and qualifies you for discounted premiums and extended coverage on Public Liability Indemnity Insurance.
Other Sub-Courses taught in Mysore
The following two courses take place during the therapist training program. They are suitable and can be applied by those who do not have enough time to attend the entire course, and by the AYM certified practitioners who would like a refresher.
** Priority registration is given to those who enrol for the entire 12 days of AYM therapist training, then to the refresher course, then to the fundamentals of the AYM workshop.
- JAN 9-13, 2023: Fundamentals of the AYM Therapy / €300 EUR
- Any 3 days of the training: AYM Refresher Course / €400 EUR / ₹25,000**
- **Special price for nationals from the Indian subcontinent resident
• Duration: 56 hours over 13 days
• Timing: 12:30-17:00
• Days off: Tue 12/01, Sun 15/01 and Tue 19/01
• Events Status: Not Confirmed (Please do not make yet your travel arrangements).
• Certification: AYM Certified Practitioner / Therapist Diploma
• Professional Affiliation: ** Our certification is approved by IICT (International Institute for Complementary Therapists) and qualifies you for discounted premiums and extended coverage on Public Liability Indemnity Insurance.
• Accommodation and Meals: Vegetarian-vegan lunch offered after class
• Planning your stay in Mysore
• Facebook: Visit the Mysore event
Training Venue Address
How to Book your Space
- Secure your seat by paying a deposit of €300 EUR: Book Now
- To pay in instalments Contact us
- To pay the full tuition fees of €780 at once Visit the Payment Page
- To clear the remaining balance of €480 (to be paid up to 3 weeks before the course starts) Visit the Payment Page
IMPORTANT – To make sure you don’t miss our email confirmation from going to your spam box, please follow these steps:
1) Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Contacts. You can also download and open our vCards file ARYM-contact.vcf and/or add us manually in your “Safe Sender list” from your email provider address book.
2) Check your Spam folder. Even if our emails are not spam, sometimes they can end up there. Be sure to flag them as “Not spam” and to move them into your main Inbox.
3) If you are using Gmail and our emails end up in the “Promotions” tab please move them into your Primary tab.
If you experience any problem booking your seat, please message us, we will be happy to help you to register.
Ask your questions. Please add the reference “Ayurvedic Yoga Massage in Mysore Jan 2023” to your message.