Goa, India – Certified Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Training / Jan-Feb 2023
Become a certified Ayurvedic Yoga Massage practitioner
Learn the original Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM) method directly from Ananta Sylvain Girard, a pioneer teacher and principal collaborator of Master Kusum Modak since 1996.
This intensive 15-day intensive training course is from January 27 to February 10, 2023, in North Goa, India, on the white sand sea-side of Mandrem beach, the most peaceful and preserved part of the Arambol area.
The programme allows you to quickly learn how to deliver this Dynamic Yoga-Bodywork Therapy; either as a professional massage therapist / yoga instructor or as an individual who wants to learn massage techniques to give massage to their loved ones.
Pre-requisite: The course is suited for everyone with a genuine interest in massage, including beginners and professionals of all levels.
Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM)
Inspired by the Indian traditions of Ayurveda and Yoga, Ayurvedic Yoga Massage therapy is a bodywork that combines deep tissue massage, assisted yoga-based stretching and breathing techniques in one session. The original method was developed by Master Kusum Modak in Pune, India in the 1980’s, under the strong influence of her Iyengar Yoga practice.
It should be emphasised that Ayurvedic Yoga Massage differs from Abhyangam massage and other traditional Ayurvedic treatments, due to the assisted stretching and the use of Calamus, an exfoliating powder, mixed with very little oil, applied in slow and very deep massage movements performed with hands, feet, elbows, etc. Ayurvedic Yoga Massage vs traditional Abhyangam & Ayurveda massages
Ananta Sylvain GIRARD is the founder and head instructor of the ARYM institute (Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Yoga Massage), established in Mysore, India, and dedicated to AYM since 1996. The pioneering French instructor of AYM has assumed the role of collaborator and principal assistant of Master Kusum Modak, the AYM’s method creator. Between 1996 to 2001, together in India, they organised and taught dozens of therapist training courses.
A trained anatomist by his tutor, Professor Blandine Calais-Germain (Method Anatomy for Movement), Ananta has been developing a creative and generous AYM teaching rich in demonstrations and multi-sensory practices. Clear and detailed instructions supported by theoretical explanations, constantly enriched with multiple anecdotes.
As a massage therapist, Ananta serves a renowned international clientele in the fashion and show-business circuit. To date, he has treated over 18,000 clients with AYM treatments.
During his 25 year career with AYM, Ananta has taught over 1500 students in hundreds of practitioner training courses around the world. Learn more About Ananta
Courses offered in Mandrem Beach, Goa
- Jan 27 – Feb 10, 2023: AYM Therapist Training / €780 EUR / ₹45,000**
- ** Pay in instalments
- ** Special price for nationals from the Indian subcontinent
This intensive hands-on training teaches you to:
• Deliver a complete and tailor-made massage of 60-90-min, following a protocol from A to Z.
• Use hands and feet to apply dozens of deep tissue, stress release and relaxation massage techniques, including a stunning facial massage.
• Perform over a hundred yoga-based assisted corrective stretches.
• Start and develop right away your career as an AYM massage therapist.
The classes are 90% hands-on.
Ananta teaches everything you need to know practically to provide (or improve) professional Ayurvedic Yoga Massage treatments genuinely tailored to the needs of clients.
In addition to learning the technical skills required, each participant will experience the treatments first hand on a daily basis. By alternating the role of the masseur and that of the person being massaged, each participant can revive his or her ability to give and receive, naturally reconnecting with his or her psycho-corporal integrity.
Other sub-courses offered in Mandrem Beach, Goa
The following two courses are suitable for those who cannot commit to the full 8-day training, as well as for already certified AYM practitioners who wish to take a quick refresher course.
** Priority seating is given to registrations for the full course.
- Jan 27 -29, 2023: Practical Fundamentals of the AYM Therapy / €300 EUR
- Any 3 days of the training: AYM Refresher Course / €400 EUR
- Any additional day: €80 EUR
How to book your space
• Secure your seat by paying a deposit of €300 EUR: Book Now
• To pay in several instalments Contact Us
• To pay the full tuition fees of €780 at once Visit the Payment Page
• To pay the remaining balance of €480 (to be paid up to 3 weeks before the course starts) Visit the Payment Page
IMPORTANT: Once your reservation has been made on our site, an automatic e-mail will be sent to you within a minute. Please check your inbox carefully and contact us immediately if you haven’t received it.
Note: To ensure you don’t miss our Booking Confirmation and other mailings, and to avoid spam, please follow these steps:
1) Add email@example.com to your Contacts. You can download and open our vCards file ARYM-contact.vcf and/or manually add it to your “safe senders list” from your email provider’s address book.
2) Check your spam box. Even though our emails are not spammy at all, they can sometimes end up there. Be sure to mark/flag them as “Not Spam” and move them into your Primary tab.
3) If you use Gmail and our emails end up in the “Promotions” tab, please move them to your Primary tab.
If you have any problem reserving your seat, please send us a message, we will be happy to help you register.
• Duration: 56 hours over 15 days
• Timing: 9:15-14:45 (could be still adjusted on students request)
• Days off: Sun 29/01, Sat 04/02 and Sun 05/02
• Events Status: Not Confirmed (Please do not make yet your travel arrangements).
• Certification: AYM Certified Practitioner / Therapist Diploma
• Professional Affiliation: ** Our certification is approved by IICT (International Institute for Complementary Therapists) and qualifies you for discounted premiums and extended coverage on Public Liability Indemnity Insurance.
• Accommodation and Meals: Vegetarian-vegan lunch offered after class
• Planning your stay in Mandrem Beach, Goa
• Facebook: Visit the Goa event
• Completing your education: Refresher courses, Diploma, Teacher Training, and Masterclasses are also available.
Other training dates in India
Mandrem Beach, Junas Wadda, Pernem, Goa 403527, India
(It is about 5 km walk / 5-min drive from Arambol beach)
Important notice about the venue: We recommend that you don’t make your accommodation arrangements before receiving the confirmation of the course’s venue. It could change.
Ask your questions. Please add the reference “Ayurvedic Yoga Massage in Goa Jan-Feb 2023” to your message.