Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Training in Mysore / Feb 2024
Become a Certified Ayurvedic Yoga Massage practitioner in India and start your career as an AYM therapist
13-day AYM Therapist Course Highlights
Immerse yourself in this intensive retreat in Gokulam, Mysore and embrace the rejuvenating Indian winter at the cradle of Modern Yoga
- Starting date: Feb 17, 2024
- Ending date: Feb 29, 2024
- Class hours: 12:15-17:30 (Timing could be slightly adjusted for Chanting or other shala requirements)
- Days off: Feb, Sun 25/02
- Total hours: 56 hrs
- AYM levels taught: Certified Practitioner, Diploma Therapist and Instructor practitioner.
- Pre-requisite: None
- Certification: ARYM is accredited by IICT in over 40 countries.
- Instructor Profile: Ananta Sylvain GIRARD is a pioneering AYM Instructor with three decades of experience. As the original assistant and collaborator to Kusum Modak, the creator of the AYM method, Ananta stands as an unquestionable authority in this field, having trained more than 2,500 AYM therapists through 350+ courses conducted worldwide.
- Accommodation and Meals: While accommodation is not included in the tuition fee, it is available around the ARYM Institute. Additionally, a delightful vegetarian-vegan lunch is included as part of the tuition fees. For detailed information regarding accommodation and meal choices, please visit: Planning you Stay
- Venue: Indian Institute of Institute ARYM, Gokulam, Mysore, India.
- Tuition fees: €980 or ₹49,000** Exclusive rate for Indian nationals.
- Booking: A reservation for your space is €300 deposit (₹15,000 for Indian nationals). Spaces are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis!
- Get a Free 30-minute One-on-One: a conference call with teacher Ananta to explore your interest and ask your questions. Click here to book your consultation
- The AYM-ARYM training programme offers accessible learning for those interested in this Yoga-Bodywork Therapy, whether you are a professional massage therapist or yoga instructor, or simply an individual passionate about massage techniques for personal use. This course is also beneficial for certified AYM practitioners seeking further education.
What you will learn
ARYM’s comprehensive training programme provides a skilful and proven way to learn Ayurvedic Yoga Massage. The classes are highly practical, with 90% hands-on experience. Learning the techniques involves an immersive massage experience, where participants take on both giver and receiver roles daily. This approach helps you better understand and integrate the benefits of the AYM method. During the course, you will learn how to:
- Provide a 60 to 90-minute AYM treatment following the ARYM protocol tailored to client’s needs.
- Skillfully apply a wide range of deep tissue, stress and myofascial release, and relaxation massage techniques using your hands and feet, including an impressive facial massage.
- Perform over a hundred yoga-based assisted corrective stretches.
- Be ready to launch your AYM therapist career immediately upon course completion.
What is Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM)
Inspired by the Indian traditions of Ayurveda and modern yoga, Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM) combines combines deep tissue oil massage and assisted yoga-based stretching elements in one session. Master Kusum Modak from Pune, India developed the comprehensive dynamic AYM method in the early 1980s, strongly influenced by her practice with BKS Iyengar. This contemporary all-in-one dynamic yoga-therapy supported by breathwork differs significantly from other traditional massage treatments of Ayurveda.
Ananta Sylvain Girard founded the ARYM Institute, the oldest and original AYM training school. A 30-year AYM pioneer, Ananta worked closely for seven years in India with Master Kusum Modak, the creator of the AYM method. In parallel to his role as the master’s direct collaborator, he has had a remarkable career as a masseur serving a prestigious international clientele (over 20,000 AYM treatments provided). A trained anatomist by his tutor, Professor Blandine Calais-Germain (Anatomy for Movement), Ananta has developed a precise and rich teaching method. Since its creation in 1996, ARYM has trained thousands of AYM practitioners worldwide under the blessing of Master Kusum Modak. Learn more About Ananta
ARYM Course Certifications
- AYM Certified Practitioner
- AYM Therapist Diploma
- AYM Practitioner Instructor
ARYM Certification is granted upon successful completion of the respective training levels.
** Professional Affiliation: Our AYM Certifications are accredited by the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT) and qualify you for discounted premiums and extended Public Liability Indemnity Insurance coverage in over 40 countries.
Levels, dates and prices in Mysore, India
- Feb 17-29, 2024
Certified Therapist (beginner): €980 /₹49,000*
Therapist Diploma: €980 / ₹49,000*
Practitioner Instructor: €980
- Feb 17-20, 2024
Practical Fundamentals: €300 / ₹20,000*
- Any 5 days of the course
Refresher Course: €400 / ₹25,000*
- *Accommodation and meals non-included and available around the centre.
- **Exclusive rate for Indian nationals (excluding expatriates).
- ***Contact us for details on getting 4 free instalments.
- BOOK NOW
The Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Yoga Massage ARYM
ARYM is located in the district of Gokulam, Mysore, within the state of Karnataka. The institute is situated in a peaceful residential area, surrounded by a park, several yoga shalas, fantastic vegetarian and vegan restaurants, and a variety of Indian cuisines.
Address: 1190, 10th Main Road, 1st and 2nd floor, near Doctors Corner, Gokulam 3rd Stage, Mysore 570002, India. Google Map
Planning your stay:
We’re here to assist you. More details on: MYSORE TRAVEL INFO