Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Training in Mandrem Beach, Goa / Feb 2024
Become a Certified Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Therapist in India and start your career as an AYM practitioner
11-day AYM Therapist Course Highlights
Immerse yourself in this intensive retreat in Goa and embrace the rejuvenating Indian winter on the white sandy beach of Mandrem coast
- Starting date: Feb 1, 2024
- Ending date: Feb 11, 2024
- Class hours: 9:30 – 17:30
- Days off: Wed, Feb 7 (full-day) + Sun, Feb 4 (half-day)
- Training hours: 56 hrs
- AYM Levels taught: AYM Certified therapist, Diploma Therapist and Instructor Practitioner.
- Pre-requisite: None
- Additional dates: It is possible to join an optional 21-hour Advanced AYM Course on Feb 12-14 after completing this course.
- Certification: ARYM is accredited by IICT (International Institute for Complementary Therapists) in over 40 countries.
- Instructor Profile: Ananta Sylvain GIRARD is the main pioneering AYM Instructor with three decades of experience and having trained more than 2,500 AYM therapists through 350+ courses conducted worldwide.
- Accommodation and Meals: While accommodation is not included in the tuition fee, it is available both at the Palmorama centre and nearby. Additionally, a delightful vegetarian-vegan lunch is included as part of the tuition fees. Full board options (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are also available for Palmorama’s residents. For detailed information regarding accommodation and meal choices, please refer to our accommodations and meals page.
- Venue: Palmorama, Mandrem Beach, North Goa, India
- Tuition fees: EUR 980 or ₹49,000 — Exclusive rate for Indian nationals.
- Booking: A reservation for your space is a EUR 300 deposit (₹15,000 for Indian nationals). Spaces are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis!
- Get a Free 30-minute One-on-One: a conference call with teacher Ananta to explore your interest and ask your questions. Click here to book your consultation
- The AYM-ARYM training programme offers accessible learning for those interested in this Yoga-Bodywork Therapy, whether you are a professional massage therapist or yoga instructor, or simply an individual passionate about massage techniques for personal use. This course is also beneficial for certified AYM practitioners seeking further education.
What you will learn
ARYM’s comprehensive training programme provides a skilful and proven way to learn Ayurvedic Yoga Massage. The classes are highly practical, with 90% hands-on experience. Learning the techniques involves an immersive massage experience, where participants take on both giver and receiver roles daily. This approach helps you better understand and integrate the benefits of the AYM method. During the course, you will learn how to:
- Provide a 60 to 90-minute AYM treatment following the ARYM protocol tailored to client’s needs.
- Skillfully apply a wide range of deep tissue, stress and myofascial release, and relaxation massage techniques using your hands and feet, including an impressive facial massage.
- Perform over a hundred yoga-based assisted corrective stretches.
- Be ready to launch your AYM therapist career immediately upon course completion.
What is Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM)
Inspired by the Indian traditions of Ayurveda and modern yoga, Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM) combines combines deep tissue oil massage and assisted yoga-based stretching elements in one session. Master Kusum Modak from Pune, India developed the comprehensive dynamic AYM method in the early 1980s, strongly influenced by her practice with BKS Iyengar. This contemporary all-in-one dynamic yoga-therapy supported by breathwork differs significantly from other traditional massage treatments of Ayurveda.
Ananta Sylvain Girard founded the ARYM Institute, the oldest and original AYM training school. A 30-year AYM pioneer, Ananta worked closely for seven years in India with Master Kusum Modak, the creator of the AYM method. In parallel to his role as the master’s direct collaborator, he has had a remarkable career as a masseur serving a prestigious international clientele (over 20,000 AYM treatments provided). A trained anatomist by his tutor, Professor Blandine Calais-Germain (Anatomy for Movement), Ananta has developed a precise and rich teaching method. Since its creation in 1996, ARYM has trained thousands of AYM practitioners worldwide under the blessing of Master Kusum Modak. Learn more About Ananta
ARYM Course Certifications
- AYM Certified Practitioner
- AYM Therapist Diploma
- AYM Practitioner Instructor
ARYM Certification is granted upon successful completion of the respective training levels.
** Professional Affiliation: Our AYM Certifications are accredited by the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT) and qualify you for discounted premiums and extended Public Liability Indemnity Insurance coverage in over 40 countries.
Levels, dates and prices
- Feb 1-11, 2024
Certified Therapist (beginner): €980 / ₹49,000*
Therapist Diploma: €980 / ₹49,000*
Practitioner Instructor: €980
- Feb 1-3, 2024
Practical Fundamentals: €300 / ₹20,000*
- Any 5 days of the course
Refresher Course: €450 / ₹25,000*
- Feb 12-14, 2024
Additional Advanced Course I (Optional): €400 / ₹25,000*
- Feb 17-29, 2024
Complete your Therapist Diploma in Mysore, Karnataka: €680 / ₹39,000*. Take advantage of this opportunity to complete your 112-hour Diploma Therapist Course with Ananta in a second fantastic Indian location at a special rate: €980 (Goa) + €680 (Mysore) = €1,660″
- * Exclusive rate for Indian nationals (excluding expatriates).
- **Accommodation non-included but available around the centre.
- *** Contact us for details on getting 4 free instalments.
289, Dandoswada, Mandrem, Goa 403527. Google map
Planning your stay:
Accommodation options at Palmorama
Double room: ₹4,000 (€50)/night per person.
Shared rooms for 3 persons are also available.
Nearby, the cheapest accommodation starts at ₹800 (€9) per night.
For more information on accommodation and meals, Click on: TRAVEL INFO
Classes Timetable in Palmorama
11-day AYM Therapist Training Course:
- Day 1-3: 9:30-13:30 / Lunch / 15:30-17:30
- Day 4: 9:30-13:30 / Lunch / Free afternoon
- Day 5-6: 9:30-13:30 / Lunch / 15:30-17:30
- Day 7: Feb 7: Day off
- Day 8-10: 9:30-13:30 / Lunch / 15:30-17:30
- Day 11: 9:30-13:30 / Lunch + Ceremony
3-day AYM Advanced Courses (optional)
- Day 12-14: 9:30-13:30 / Lunch / 15:30-17:30